As frustrating as the Canadian parliamentary system appears to be (and certainly is, on occasion), it cannot parallel the horrific slow motion train wreck that is taking place in the USA.
Three months from the election of a new President (with significant and exclusive executive powers and responsibilities), the frustrated and disillusioned US voter has to choose between a bombastic ego-maniacal media prima donna in Donald Trump and a seemingly corrupt pathological liar in Hillary Clinton.
Quite the choice for American voters in November. Perhaps their best option is to all stay home and allow the most insipid, indecisive and ineffective President in recent memory to continue his banal Pollyannish monotones asserting that all is well with America – and its policies, both domestic and foreign. (Not constitutionally possible, of course. Many thanks to the foresight of the founding forefathers).
The fact of the matter is that there is significantly much wrong with the U.S. under the distracted paralysis of Barry Obama. (I recall an interview with one of Obama’s school acquaintances who clearly remembers that Obama went by Barry (not Barack) before he had his delusions of grandeur).
History will remember Obama primarily for his indecision – his stubborn refusal to admit that inaction is not the best way to create a legacy – or a healthy, prosperous, stable United States of America.
Let’s reprise some of Obama’s obvious failures:
1. Refusal to prosecute and punish the Wall Street nabobs responsible for the horrific collapse of the US economy in 2007. (Instead, Obama hired some of them as advisors in order to attempt to clean up their own devastation).
2. Negotiating a naive deal with Iran that allows a country that paints ‘Death to America’ and ‘Death to Israel’ on its missiles to continue it’s nuclear agenda by removing embargoes and allowing a free flow of capital that will benefit the extremist religious Jihadists far more than the average Iranian – to the detriment of preservation of peace in the Middle East.
3. Essentially creating ISIS (Obama even refuses to call ISIS by it’s common name – instead referring to ISIL as though Obama is single handedly capable of changing the lexicon of reality) by training, arming and funding the very core of the extreme radicals who are now committed to the destruction and elimination of the West and our values and systems. Obama further naively exacerbated the problem by withdrawing the bulk of the U.S. military presence that might have at least slowed down, if not stopped entirely, the creation of ISIS.
4. Standing by idly and ineffectually as Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine, then did even less as Russia clearly crossed into Ukraine’s east border to further destabilize the region.
5. Promoting and supporting the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement that will cause the loss of even more US manufacturing jobs and further skew the tilted unfavorable balance of payments. ( 7. below helps reveal the mitigating factors).
6. On January 20, 2009, when he was sworn in, the US national debt was $10.626 trillion dollars. Now, it is approaching $20 Trillion dollars. Yes, the US national debt has doubled under Obama’s tutelage and Obama continues to have to go to Congress hat in hand to demand an escalating debt ceiling so that he can print more money to keep the US economy afloat – and fund civil servant salaries and social programs, including Obamacare. Only a delusional fool believes that this is sustainable.
7. Foreign governments and investors hold nearly half of the US’s public debt. China and Japan are each owed well in excess of a Trillion dollars (Chinese is owed $1.243 Trillion (and escalating) and Japan is owed $1.143 Trillion (and escalating). As a result, what do you think is going to happen if Obama makes idle threats to China concerning expansion in the South China Sea and possible trade embargoes to protect US jobs and the US economy? Obama’s legacy? No economic leadership.
8. Black Lives Matter. The first President of color (the latest euphemism) has done virtually nothing to curtail the growing body of evidence revealing racial bias, excessive police brutality and impunity concerning racial prejudices and systemic racial discrimination. I’m sure we are all getting weary of Obama’s tight-lipped, parroted repetitive expressions of regret and condolence. It’s too late now for Obama to show any leadership even in this critical area that might have helped define his Presidency.
We could go on, but this essay is really not about Barry Obama. (I’ll throw undrinkable water in Flint, Michigan into the mix – before I forget).
Instead, it’s about how the system (with Obama at it’s helm), is promoting a continuation of failed policies and initiatives that are crippling the US economy and disenfranchising a growing number of US residents and the shrinking middle class.
Obama’s latest folly?
Barry Obama is actively campaigning for Hillary Clinton, his Democratic foe in 2008 and a woman who currently is distrusted by the vast majority of Americans (Hilary has a 34% trust rating at latest report). Clinton appears to be a pathological liar incapable of admitting, even now, that the Director of the FBI confirmed that she lied to the public and Congress concerning her illegal private email server.
Obama’s justification? Clinton will continue the wonderful Democrat policies and programs that Obama has implemented over the course of his 8 year term. Clinton is being touted as providing more of the same. ‘America is already great’ is the mantra that both Obama and Clinton are delusionally espousing.
It is now becoming apparent that Clinton’s flagrant, deliberate arrogance and sense of entitlement will have ongoing and deleterious consequences, – including the identification of an Iranian nuclear scientist who was summarily executed this week in Iran by his government after his complicity with the US State Department was revealed through Clinton’s indiscriminate, callous disclosures in unsecured emails.
Similarly, Clinton’s refusal of appropriate security measures clearly contributed to the death’s of a number of desperate embassy staffers in Benghazi. The latest sad development is that Hillary Clinton is now being personally sued by two of the families involved claiming gross negligence and asserting a direct correlation between Clinton’s inactions and the death of their loved ones.
Clinton’s husband, himself a President who faced impeachment proceedings, met secretly with Obama’s Attorney General Loretta Lynch immediately before the FBI interviewed Hillary Clinton (not under oath) and supposedly established that Hillary Clinton was negligent, but not criminally liable, concerning the establishment and use of her private, unauthorized email server. Uh huh.
We note that Wikileaks advises that there is still more to come concerning the potential destruction of, and potential hacking of (by unfriendly foreign interests), classified emails
Mysteriously, and inappropriately, the Justice Department did not see fit to act on the FBI’s request to investigate the Clinton Foundation, a secretive and little understood arm of the Clinton machine.
Most recently, a Freedom of Information request by Judicial Watch clearly indicates that Hillary Clinton continues to lie about the existence of emails that were never turned over to the State Department, contrary to her express assertions. These emails, while heavily redacted, appear to indicate that Clinton actively lobbied for positions of power for chosen Clinton employees and supporters and that the Clinton Foundation exerted pressure and influence to further confirm the sense of entitlement and preferred status by the Clinton legacy.
It is time that Obama and the Justice Department do the right thing and open the Clinton Foundation files to the FBI for examination and review. There has been speculation that the Clinton Foundation has benefited from significant contributions from foreign interests and special interest groups. If the Clinton Foundation has nothing to hide, it should welcome such a review. In my cynical view, Obama and Lynch will resist unless the pressure becomes unbearable. This is probably another instance of politics trumping (pun intended) transparency and full disclosure.
It seems that, in Hillary Clinton’s mind, there is one law for the rest of the U.S. and a different law for her – and her inner cadre.
It is clear that the recent Democratic Nomination was rigged in Clinton’s favor, to the detriment of the starry-eyed idealist Bernie Sanders, and the resignation of the Chair of the National Committee and the subsequent firing of key employees further confirms that reality.
In spite of a growing body of evidence that Hillary Clinton is a wholly inappropriate choice for the American people in November, the mainstream media and self-serving Democrats appear blind to the very real danger that the election of Hillary Clinton will create, if she in fact prevails in November.
There is little doubt that it would be a significant and historically important milestone if a woman breaks through the glass ceiling and assumes the very real power and prestige of the the position of President of the United States.
It is a travesty that this first woman may well be Hillary Clinton. Clinton does not engender the character and the integrity that the position deserves and it would be far better for women to have a legitimate, supportable role model for daughters and future generations to emulate – instead of a seemingly corrupt, pathological liar who has already exercised incredibly poor judgement and a sense of personal entitlement far beyond what the US voter expects and deserves.
Time will tell if even more alarming facts emerge that further confirm Clinton’s unsuitability to hold the U.S’s highest office. This is a deluded, self-serving dangerous woman who can bode little good for the U.S. going forward if she is elected. Clinton has openly, and unabashedly, allowed millions of dollars to flow into her campaign and her personal bank account from special interest groups, some disclosed and some still nebulous (depending on whether the Clinton Foundation is opened up to FBI investigation) including millions from Wall Street and the deeply entrenched establishment. Only a fool would believe that there are no strings attached.
Opposing Clint0n is the egomaniacal, loose cannon Donald Trump who appears unable to carry even grudging support from the country club Republicans who don’t want to rock the establishment boat too much.
The American people have a tough choice to make. Perhaps it is time to break away from the traditional two party system and actually explore alternatives, including the Libertarians and other long-shot hopefuls. The chances of that happening, barring catastrophic revelations that clearly make Clinton and Trump unsuitable for office, is statistically negligible.
One wonders how it is possible that the self-proclaimed ‘greatest nation on earth’ could ever have found itself in this predicament. Millions of Americans have already declared themselves frustrated and disillusioned with the status quo. That unhappiness has contributed to the rise of Donald Trump. We will examine Trump in greater detail in a further essay.
The November 2017 US election will not only set a new low standard for Americans – a contest between two front runners who are deemed almost equally untrustworthy and unpopular among polled voters, but also an election that may well send a disturbing message to the rest of the world. Is the United States of America a nation in unrecoverable freefall?